Choosing to have LASIK is a great decision that has changed the lives of so many of our patients. We know sometimes this decision takes time and thought. Here at Davis Vision we value your business and want you to feel very comfortable in the decision you make. Here is a list of some of the criteria you should consider when choosing a LASIK Eye Surgeon.
- Cleanliness: Does the facility appear to be clean? A reputable vision center will appear tidy and hygienic.
- Equipment: What kind of technology does the eye surgeon use. Be sure to ask if the surgeon offers 100 percent all-laser LASIK (also known as Bladeless LASIK), or if she uses a microkeratome blade. Many patients prefer a Bladeless LASIK procedure.
- Professional, friendly staff: From the receptionist to the surgeon, a vision center’s staff and their demeanor speaks volumes. Look for staff who listen to your concerns and are willing to work with your schedule and financial situation.
- Patient satisfaction: What are the vision center’s success rates? Of course, you will want to select a surgeon with a low rate of complications, but be wary of a provider who advertises a 100-percent success rate and is unable to back up his claims with objective data.
- Results: Does your provider offer a lifetime commitment on his results, including adjustments at no additional cost to eligible patients? Because every case is unique, be sure to discuss your expectations with your eye surgeon prior to your surgery.