Driving in Utah during the winter months can be treacherous and unpredictable. At Davis Vision we want you to be safe and enjoy the holidays. Here is a list of winter driving tips to remind you to be safe and have a fun holiday season.
- Avoid driving while you’re fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
Obviously we think the biggest thing you can do to improve your safety on the road is to call and schedule a free LASIK consultation today. Being able to rely on your sight while driving this winter will definitely improve your safety on the road.
Happy Holidays and stay safe!